Visitor Health & Safety
The Organisers regard the Health and Safety of all visitors, which includes Volunteers, Competitors, Traders, Exhibitors, Contractors and General Public Spectators, as the most important activity at this event.
This is a one-day open area event for the public. To prevent injury to you and others, risk assessments have been carried out on hazardous activities and, so far as is reasonably practicable, appropriate measures are in place for your safety.
Please co-operate and comply with all arrangements, including notices, signage and any instructions from Committee Members and Stewards (Event Officials).
For your safety, comfort and enjoyment, please note the following:
- Wear suitable footwear that is appropriate for walking in the countryside. Be aware that the ground may be uneven and slippery.
- Suitable clothing and headwear should be available in case of changes in the weather, including protection from rain or sunburn/heatstroke.
- Keep out of fenced or roped areas, unless authorised by an Event Official.
- If you are accompanied by children, ensure that they are appropriately supervised. We endeavour to make the Show child-friendly, but there are dangers, such as moving vehicles and machinery, animals, the river, etc.
- Lost and found children should be reported to the First Aid Post (near the South West Corner of the Main Ring).
- Should you be involved in an accident, please report to the First Aid Post or ask someone else to report on your behalf.
- If you have a particular safety concern, please raise it with the Organisers.
Thank you for abiding by these arrangements.
We hope you have an enjoyable day and visit the Show again next year.
Smoking and Vaping Policy
Smoking and Vaping is not permitted in the following areas:
- Any enclosed area, for example, all marquees and gazebos that have at least one side wall fitted. This includes exhibitors’ and sponsors’ hospitality facilities.
- All Toilet Units
- Public Address Caravans
The general uncovered area of the Members Enclosure will be smoke and vape free, there will be an area available for smokers and vapers. This will be clearly identified and positioned such as to minimise the risk of second-hand smoke and vape affecting non-smokers.
For and on behalf of the Ellingham & Ringwood Agricultural Society
Tom Hasted Chairman ~ Allison Vandervelde Secretary ~ Andy Skeats Health & Safety Officer
A full copy of our Health and Safety Policy and Smoking/Vaping Policy is available on request from any of the above