The Organisers regard the Health and Safety of all visitors, which includes Volunteers, Competitors, Traders, Exhibitors, Contractors and General Public Spectators, as the most important activity at this event.
This is a one-day open area event for the public. To prevent injury to you and others, risk assessments have been carried out on hazardous activities and, so far as is reasonably practicable, appropriate measures are in place for your safety.
Please co-operate and comply with all arrangements, including notices, signage and any instructions from Committee Members and Stewards (Event Officials).
For your safety, comfort and enjoyment, please note the following:
- Wear suitable footwear that is appropriate for walking in the countryside. Be aware that the ground may be uneven and slippery.
- Suitable clothing and headwear should be available in case of changes in the weather, including protection from rain or sunburn/heatstroke.
- Keep out of fenced or roped areas, unless authorised by an Event Official.
- If you are accompanied by children, ensure that they are appropriately supervised. We endeavour to make the Show child-friendly, but there are dangers, such as moving vehicles and machinery, animals, the river, etc.
- Lost and found children should be reported to the First Aid Post (near the South West Corner of the Main Ring).
- Should you be involved in an accident, please report to the First Aid Post or ask someone else to report on your behalf.
- If you have a particular safety concern, please raise it with the Organisers.
Thank you for abiding by these arrangements.
We hope you have an enjoyable day and visit the Show again next year.
For and on behalf of the Ellingham & Ringwood Agricultural Society
Stephen Thompson, Chairman; Tom Harvey, Secretary; Geoff Hodder, Health & Safety Officer
A full copy of our Health and Safety Policy is available on request from any of the above
Other arrangements and procedures
Our Smoking Policy is also available on request the aim of which is to protect all members, contractors and visitors from exposure to second-hand tobacco smoke and to comply with the Health Act 2006.